Compass Homes is North Alabama’s “On Your Land” Homebuilding Expert
Compass Homes’ primary product is quality and affordable “on your land” home building services. We meet the needs of first time home buyers, those who have recently acquired land and are ready to build the home of their dreams, and those who have been living on family land in older, smaller homes while saving money to build their dream home.
Potential “on your land” home buyers frequently start their new home journey with a piece of land they are considering buying. As an “on your land” building expert, Compass Homes can provide an important service for potential home buyers who are considering buying a piece of land: a careful assessment of the feasibility and cost to build on a particular parcel of land.
Donna and I want to thank the staff of Compass Homes for the professional way we were treated during the building of our house. We couldn't have asked for better people to work with from the build team, sales and finance. Our home is beautiful!! We had heard bad stories from people who had homes built by other builders, but from the ground breaking until we closed, it was a very good experience. We thank you guys and we will recommend Compass Homes to anyone who is looking for a home to be built.
Watch this video to hear the exciting testimonial of James and Tericca about their home building experience.
The people at Compass were very cooperative throughout the building process. We felt like their top priority was building the home that we wanted.
The following Core Values define Compass Homes, guide our operations, and create “The Compass Way.”
- Integrity: Keeping the promises we make to our customers, our staff, our trade partners, and our vendors.
- Philanthropy: Committing to the larger purpose of helping others achieve self-sufficiency through our charitable support to sustain The ELM Foundation.
- Professionalism: Continually improving our processes and use of technology to better meet the needs of our customers.
- Teamwork: Building a strong team to meet customer needs on time and in budget
- Accountability: Focusing on goals, measuring outcomes, and reporting on results to our team members and customers.
The ELM Foundation
Compass Homes Alabama is a Limited Liability Company (LLC) that was founded in 2012 to provide sustainable funding for The ELM Foundation. This unique business model drives the Compass Homes plan to provide affordable “on your land” home building services to home buyers in North Alabama.
The ELM Foundation is a faith based, private operating foundation that creates “little miracles” in the lives of people who have demonstrated need, potential and drive. Participants work to achieve goals so that they can support their families without relying on public assistance, pay their bills on time, and save for the future. Funding for all programs and grants comes from private donations including contributions from Compass Homes and proceeds from the Homes for ELM project.
Homes for ELM
Huntsville, AL. (May 31, 2016)— Compass Homes Alabama, a Huntsville based “on your land” homebuilder, held a check presentation and luncheon on June 6, 2016 to celebrate the successful sale of the first Homes for ELM project to be built in Alabama. Compass Homes presented a check for $30,000 to The ELM Foundation. The check represented proceeds from the sale of a house Compass Homes built in cooperation with trade partners and sold at market value.
Using a national model inspired by Homes for Hope, Compass Homes and its partner subcontractors and vendors donated or discounted the costs of labor and materials used in building a house dedicated to the Homes for ELM project. The house was located in the Shadow Mountain subdivision in Priceville, Alabama and was started in April 2015 and later sold at market value.
“This is a funding model that has worked in other communities and we are proud to bring it to Alabama,” said Compass Homes CEO, Ryan Lindow. “We thank our trade partners who have joined us in this effort.” Homes for ELM partners include Wilson Lumber, EL Bracken Masonry, Bob Wallace Appliance, Park Supply, Bob Wallace Appliance, National Bank of Commerce, and Sirotte and Permutt PC. Their discounted services and supplies helped to maximize the final contribution to The ELM Foundation.
The ELM Foundation is a faith based, private operating foundation that creates “little miracles” in the lives of people who have demonstrated need, potential and drive. Funding for all programs and grants comes from private donations including proceeds from the Homes for ELM project.
John Nolan, Board Chairman for The ELM Foundation expressed his appreciation to Compass Homes and its trade partners. “The ELM acronym stands for ‘expect little miracles’. Compass Homes and its partners have created a big miracle that will help us continue to provide ‘little miracles’ for our participants. We are grateful for the generosity of so many people who have worked together in this powerful partnership.” partnership.”http://www.al.com/business/index.ssf/2015/04/elm_foundation_compass_homes_t.html
The Compass Way...
“The Compass Way expresses Compass Homes’ commitment to helping our customers build a quality home on time and on budget. We will guide our customers through the building process and keep our promise to make it easy to build your home your way on your land.”
A company’s brand has been called “the promises we make and the promises we keep.” Compass Homes promises to guide you through the process of building a quality home on your land and make it easy. Our friendly staff cares about you and will create a personalized plan that will be built by our experienced “on your land” homebuilder on time and on budget. That’s The Compass Way!
The Compass Way is how Compass Homes does business. It begins with a commitment to serving the home buyer and helping them navigate the home building process. The Compass staff serve as guides along the way as they give prospective home owners the tools they need to make decisions, understand, track and manage the home building process. This includes everything from assessments to design assistance to online access to project management software that tracks project milestones. By helping educate home owners, Compass Homes turns customers into partners. We work hard to make it easy to build “on your land”.
Offering Exceptional Service
Compass Homes offers exceptional customer service by:
- Educating buyers about “on your land” building and the home construction process and invite them to be active participants in the building of their own home.
- Offering “on your land” site assessments to determine suitability for building before the contract is signed
- Conducting a thorough pre construction home buyer assessment of family and individual needs and lifestyle considerations
- Offering a library of flexible home plans and options that meet the individual needs of the family
- Keeping buyers informed of construction schedules by using the Builder Trend password protected customer portal
- Responding quickly to any customer calls, texts, or emails
- Having the home ready for inspection well before the scheduled closing date
- Having a minimal pre final punch list
- Completing as many final punch list items as possible before move in
- Being willing to accept warranty responsibilities and complete repairs as quickly as possible.